Camping, especially in summer, is great fun. However, snuggling in a sleeping bag inside a waterproof tent can be irritably hot and ruin your camping experience. You need a tent fan to keep your tent interior cool and comfortable.
So how can you find the best fan for tent camping on the market today?
Here are a few things you’ll need to consider when shopping for the best camping fan.
- Size and Weight
- Power Type
- Noise Level
- Hanging or Standing Type
Other additional features to look for in the best tent fan include LED lights, water mist, speed control, and if it comes with rechargeable batteries.
Best Tent Fans in 2018
Here are our top 5 best camping fan products on the market today:
Image Portable LED Camping Lantern with Ceiling Fan
This is a versatile tent fan that doubles up as a camping lantern. It comes with 18 pieces of bright LED lens to give you enough light in and outside your tent. It has an adjustable fan speed with two low-speed modes and a high-speed mode. It has a handy hook that you can use to hang the fan on a tree trunk or inside your tent. A single D battery in the battery-powered tent fan can run for 5 hours in high-speed mode or 15 hours in low-speed mode. The battery gives you 20 hours of LED light. It’s a reliable portable fan for camping.
- It has 360 degrees angle adjustability
- Comes with adjustable fan speed
- The LED lens provide additional light
- It has an affordable price
- The batteries are not included
BicycleStore 3-in-1 Multi-Function Portable Mini Fan and LED Table Lamp
This is another useful multi-functional camping fan that works as a mini-fan, table lamp, and spotlight torch. It’s a stand type tent fan with double charging features. You can charge via mains electricity or lean solar power. It has an ultra-quiet but powerful motor and a bright LED lamp. The lightweight 3-in-1 camping fan is a handy accessory for outdoor camping and power outage emergencies.
- It has a solid well-built and durable design
- Works as a fan, lamp, and spotlight torch
- It’s lightweight
- Runs quietly
- Can be charged with clean solar energy.
- A bit small for large tents. It’s ideal for a 2-person tent.
- The battery doesn’t last long when you use all the three functions at once
O2COOL 10-Inch Portable Fan
This is a large battery powered fan for camping from O2COOL, the renowned manufacturer of high-quality fans. It’s a dual powered fan that runs on batteries or mains electricity. The powerful two-speed fan provides extremely quiet cooling, is lightweight and easily portable, and even features an AC adapter for those extended periods of cooling when you don’t want to keep on changing batteries. It’s the best battery fan for camping.
- It has a solid durable design
- Can be powered by batteries or mains electricity via the AC adapter
- It’s multifunctional
- The battery won’t last long if you use all the functions at once but you can always use electricity via the AC adapter.
- It’s designed for a small 2-person tent.
O2COOL 5-Inch Portable fan
This is a portable battery-operated two-speed fan. It is a perfect indoor and outdoor fan that can be used at the office, school, or camping settings. It’s a tabletop or household fan that runs on two D-cell batteries featuring both low and high-speed mode and a fan blade design that ensures extended battery life and maximum airflow. It may be a small 5-inch diameter fan but it’s portable, lightweight, and foldable for easy storage. You can even tilt it to direct airflow to a specific direction.
- It runs extremely quiet
- Has a two-speed setting
- It’s lightweight and portable
- It can be adjusted for directional airflow
- It comes at an affordable price
- It’s too small to cool a bigger tent
Coleman CPX 6 Lighted Tent Fan with Stand
The Coleman CPX 6 is a portable lighting and cooling system capable of circulating air all around your tent. It’s a stand fan but comes with a magnetic base that can be attached to the ceiling or on the floor using its fold-out stand. It’s a durable quiet fan with both high and low-speed settings.
- It’s a lighting and cooling system
- Gives excellent airflow
- Two-speed fan settings
- Has two light settings
- Can be hung on the ceiling or placed anywhere using its fold-out stand
- Comes with rechargeable batteries
- The stand is not very stable on uneven surfaces
A camping tent fan is an essential accessory that will keep your tent cool and comfortable. All the products reviewed above are designed to make your camping experience more enjoyable in hot weather. They all work great but our top pick is the Image Portable LED Camping Lantern with ceiling fan. Click the links on each tent fan to read more reviews from Amazon customers. And if that is not enough for your camping experience why not take a look at our quiet generator reviews?